Friday, April 23, 2010

Bernstein's Mass

So. Bernstein's Mass.

ZOMG!

It was fantastic... there were jazz elements, Broadway elements, elements of the liturgy, and so on. I definitely got a Stravinsky feel at times, too, from both the music and the wildness of the troupe dances (Very Rite of Spring) Unfortunately, the part I want aren't on Youtube, but here's a bit. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFtEdx6j3x4

It truly was fantastic.

While that was an exemplary classical experience, I think I actually had more fun afterwards. People in the Chrysler Hall don't know how to drive, or share, or zipper. So, while we're (Stephanie, Dana, Marlaina and I) were laughing at some lady who assumed we'd just let her back out of her spot despite that there was no room to move, we were also rocking out to Michael Buble and Owl City. It was a lot of fun. :) I can't wait until summer when I can actually go out with the girls or the boyfriend and just have fun again, not worry about homework. Just work at camp, which will actually be fun.

2 More Weeks! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment